- 2cups of shelled and skinless peanuts
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- optionally a teaspoon of honey or brown sugar.
- Roast the nuts for about 5-7minutes on the stove or 15-20 minutes in the oven.
- Use a food processor or grinder to start blending the peanuts.
- Keep grinding the peanuts and scraping down the sides of the appliance you are using to ensure they are all being blended evenly.
- When you notice the peanuts changing into a slightly more moist consistency, add the oil and honey or brown sugar if you are adding it.
- From here just keep grinding he nuts until it forms a peanut butter-ish consistency.*
- If you see that you peanut butter has a gritty texture, then try adding the oil later on in the process.
- If you want chunky peanut butter, crush a few peanuts at the end and add them to your finished peanut butter.
*If you want a thinner consistency then blend it a bit more.