- 4 slices of bread of choice*
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional but highly recommended)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla essence or extract (optional but highly recommended)
- a pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter or oil for frying
- Cut the slices of bread into long strips.**
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Now mix together the sugar and cinnamon
- From here just cook the bread like you would any normal French toast. (Dip the bread in the egg mixture and cook in on a pan with butter)
- Once the bread is done, and while it is still hot, gently toss the bread in the cinnamon sugar until completely covered from all sides
- Serve however you want B)
*Depending on the bread you choose, the amount of the egg mixture will vary because how much liquid your bread soaks can vary from place to place. Also, how thick your slices are can also vary.
**You can cut the edges off if you want to but, your choice (I personally like the edges of the French toast the best-I know some people will disagree but…its a matter of opinion you know.)